SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
May 4 - 8, 2020.
Information contained in this site is for the 2019 program.
Information for the 2020 program not yet available.
The State of the Art in Internal Medicine
This program provides a comprehensive update of the most important changes impacting Internal Medicine and guidance to incorporate these advances into everyday clinical practice to improve patient outcomes.
Practical, Fast-Paced, Case-Based Education
The educational experience is highly interactive and fast paced, and draws upon real-life cases. The course is designed and led by Harvard Medical School’s clinical faculty who are leaders in their respective fields, and are instrumental in bringing these novel developments to clinical medicine. It offers updates and advances in diagnostic and treatment approaches, covering the broad spectrum of internal medicine specialties:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Critical Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Renal Medicine
- Women’s Health
Guidance to Improve Diagnosis, Treatment and Clinical Outcomes
Highlights of this program include:
- Comprehensive update on new anticoagulants and their antidotes
- Algorithms for the use of diabetes medications
- Pain management and the role of medical marijuana
- Practical and timely instruction on obesity management
- New treatments for heart failure
- Advances in percutaneous valve replacement
- The latest in C. difficile diagnosis and management
- The physician's perspective on alternative medicine
- Instructive cases and images in dermatology
- Up-to-date guidance for care of the LGBTQ patient
- Updates in the management of COPD and asthma
- Navigating the challenges of escalating drug costs
- Overview of immunotherapy for cancer
- Best practices for responsible antibiotic use
For full agenda, click here.