The State of the Art in Internal Medicine
Innovations and New Practices in Internal Medicine 2022 will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
This program provides a comprehensive update of the most important changes now impacting Internal Medicine and guidance on how to incorporate these changes in your clinical practice to improve patient outcomes.
Practical, Fast-Paced, Online Education
This streaming educational experience is fast paced, relevant to the current healthcare environment, and draws upon real-life cases. The course is designed and led by Harvard Medical School’s clinical faculty who are leaders in their respective fields and are instrumental in bringing these novel developments to clinical medicine. It offers updates and advances in diagnostic and treatment approaches, covering the broad spectrum of internal medicine specialties:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Addiction Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Women’s Health
Guidance to Improve Diagnosis, Treatment and Clinical Outcomes
Highlights of this program include:
- Important COVID-19 updates and guidance on vaccines
- Comprehensive update on new anticoagulants and their antidotes
- Algorithms for the use of diabetes medications
- Care of the LGBTQ patient
- Medical and surgical therapy for obesity management
- Latest developments on the use of SGLT-2 inhibitors in heart failure
- Advances in percutaneous aortic and mitral valve therapies
- An approach to mind body medicine
- Recognizing dermatologic conditions in skin of color
- Up-to-date guidance for management of opioid addiction
- Optimal management of irritable bowel syndrome
- The latest in cancer screening and the genetics of cancer
- Emerging therapies for Alzheimer’s disease and depression
- Best practices for responsible antibiotic use
- Update in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
For full agenda, click here.
OPTIMIZED FOR REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2022 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 30 days. Interactive midday sessions will allow participants to interact with selected course faculty.