SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
May 17 - 21, 2021.
Information contained in this site is for the 2020 program.
Information for the 2021 program not yet available.
The State of the Art in Internal Medicine
To ensure that PHYSICIANS, NPs, PAs have access to timely CME opportunities during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Harvard Medical School is offering this program via online live streaming.
This program provides a comprehensive update of the most important changes now impacting Internal Medicine and guidance to incorporate these changes in your clinical practice to improve patient outcomes.
These updates are presented by the same Harvard Medical School faculty that would have presented at the on-site course and includes real-time Q&A interactions so that participants can pose their specific questions via online chat.
Practical, Fast-Paced, Online Education
This streaming educational experience is fast paced, relevant to the current healthcare environment, and draws upon real-life cases. The course is designed and led by Harvard Medical School’s clinical faculty who are leaders in their respective fields, and are instrumental in bringing these novel developments to clinical medicine. It offers updates and advances in diagnostic and treatment approaches, covering the broad spectrum of internal medicine specialties:
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Renal Medicine
- Women’s Health
Guidance to Improve Diagnosis, Treatment and Clinical Outcomes
Highlights of this program include:
- Important COVID-19 updates and guidance for clinical practice
- Comprehensive update on new anticoagulants and their antidotes
- Algorithms for the use of diabetes medications
- The role of medical marijuana in patient care
- Practical and timely instruction on obesity management
- New treatments for heart failure
- Advances in percutaneous valve replacement
- The latest in C. difficile diagnosis and management
- The physician's perspective on alternative medicine
- Instructive cases in dermatology and rheumatology
- Up-to-date guidance for management of opioid addiction
- Updates in sleep apnea and pulmonary hypertension
- The role of shared decision-making in cancer screening
- Overview of immunotherapy for cancer
- Best practices for responsible antibiotic use
For full agenda, click here.